Thursday 10 October 2013

Portfolio Prep

First piece This was one of my final pieces for Graphics in my first year. I chose to design a Magazine Editorial. I used Company Magazine and designed it in the style of the magazine. I didn't add too much text because it looked too crowded. I decided to keep the text simple but effective. I'm happy with the photos I chose for the editorial. I consider this to be one of my strongest pieces because I love the lighting and how the colours go really well together. I also love the typography, it merges really well with the piece.  My favourite part of this editorial would be the right page, I like how it's only one photo with bold text and how the simplicity makes it effective.  To improve this piece I would focus more on editing the photos to make them look more professional and sufficient.  Overall I am pleased with this final piece.
Second Piece Another final piece from Graphics. It was to design a poster for a Music and Dance festival. My favourite part of this piece would have to be the typography with the 'bubble' around them. If I were to redesign it now though, I would probably change the colours of the text to make it look more professional. All of the photos in this poster have been taken by me at various concerts and festivals. I do think the photos go well with the typography! I am pleased with this final piece but I think I could improve it a little more to make it look more professional. 

Third Piece (1st Part) Here are my final pieces for one of the Photography Projects from last year. I decided to choose the genre of Panoramics and Panoramic Planets. Above is my first piece, it is of 3 panoramas which I took in various places. The top panoramic is of the beach during the late spring, it's in St Ives, Cornwall. The middle panoramic is of a place which was personal to me, I used to visit this place a lot when I was little. The bottom panoramic is of the same beach as the top image but this time of the sunset. My favourite piece would be the middle. I like this piece the most because of the reflections of the sky and clouds in the river water.
Third Piece (2nd Part) This is my second part of the final piece. For this piece I designed 4 different panoramic planets and made each one unique. The first piece is of a harbor in Cornwall, i like this because it looks like a mini world, it looks like a little fishing village. The second piece is in Rougement Gardens, I think this piece does look effective although I'm not too fond of it, it looks a bit simple. The 3rd planet is at the Quay. And the final planet is of a beach looking onto the Tate and other buildings, this would be my favourite because I guess it has a nice feel to it, I don't think it looks that balanced though, but I'm very happy with it. All of these places are significant to my life and they're places where I have developed the most memories and grown up in.




No comments:

Post a Comment